Monday, March 14, 2005
Monday Morning Random 5
This new and totally original feature (err..) brings you the first 5 tracks from my MP3 Player, and perhaps a few words on them.
1. Believe Me Natalie – Hot Fuss – The Killers. I’m a bit of a Killers fan, and must admit that I couldn’t believe that they were from the US when I first purchased the album
2. Track 10 – Absolution (I think) – Muse. I borrowed this off Ronald, and put it onto my laptop, so I have none of the names of the tracks. I like the lyrics as well, quite meaty. Fantastic piano-y stuff as well. Bit of a roller-coaster track all in all
3. Kill the Target – Electric Samurai – Tomayasu Hotei. I purchased this album a few months ago, and really enjoy some tracks. Tomayasu is an artist, and (from his pose on the cover) rather pretentious, but good nonetheless. I plan to get more Japanese music, in the form of ‘Mono’.
4. Lost Souls – Lost Souls – Doves. I didn’t get the first album from Doves until a few months after I found the second (The Last Broadcast) reduced in price post Crimbo. I prefer Last Broadcast personally, but ‘tis all good.
5. Praise You – Unknown – Fatboy Slim. Simply great, with a fantastic video (as most fatboy slim ones are) and nice story behind the lyrics (originally written about the Civil rights movement in the USA).